Call Now Today For Your Consultation!
Arm and wrist injuries happen in the workplace, and they are a very common workers’ compensation injury claim. Typically, people suffer arm and wrist injuries as a result of repetitive use. The information below describes the injury, common diagnosis, and tips for filing work injury claim.
What are 3 common types of repetitive use injuries:
- Keyboard and Mouse
- Manual Labor (Yard Work, Carpentry
- Manufacturing), and Assembly Line
Repetitive Strain Injuries
Repetitive movements result in carpal tunnel syndrome. Working with sharp objects result in lacerations and cuts. Also, lifting objects can result in tendinitis (inflammation of the tendons) or wrist sprains (tearing of cartilage). These arm and wrist injuries are common in Georgia workers’ compensation claims.
Wrist Injuries – Tinel and Phalen
Tinel and Phalen tests identify tingling in the fingers caused by nerve damage. Doctors use electromyography to diagnose injury severity. Electrodes on your arms determine the quality of nerve transmission. Potential treatments depend on the severity of the injury. Often, doctors prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs for pain relief. Sometimes, physical therapy restores the nerve, but severe damage reduces PT effectiveness.
Five Tips For Filing Wrist Injury Claims
- Report Claim – Don’t delay. Delays can be used against you.
- Request a copy of the Panel of Physicians
- Request Medical Treatment from your selected physician.
- Document Everything – It is critical to capture dates, pain location, and work activity.
- Incident Report – Request a copy of the written incident report. (Make sure your employer has the report on file.)
- Review Case Valuation – Calculate Comp Rate / Review Doctor’s Report / Analyze Severity of Injury
If you want to know your work comp rate, read this post to learn how to calculate work comp rate.
Free Case Evaluation
I would highly recommend Beth to anyone needed a Workers Compensation Lawyer.
It turned out to be the best decision I have made in a long, long time.
Would have given her 10 stars if possible!
Gearhart Law Group the best in GA hands down!!!
Give us a call today at (404) 445-8370 and tell us about your case. It’s imperative to get started now.